Handling Employment & Family Immigration Matters

At Donesky Law Firm, P.A., in Minneapolis, we offer a range of immigration legal services for clients located in the Twin Cities, as well as to immigrants seeking to work or live in Minnesota.

Employment Immigration Law

We can handle any employment visa concern you may have. Our experience includes assisting employers and prospective employees with:

  • H-1B Petitions for Employment Authorization in a Specialty Occupation (requires a bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent, in an area required for the position)
  • Portability H-1B and I-140 Petitions under AC21 (American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000)
  • L-1B and L-1A Petitions for Intra-Company Transferees
  • Permanent Labor Certification Applications filed with the Department of Labor under PERM (ETA Form 9089)
  • I-140 Petitions for Alien Workers (can be filed concurrently with I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status if the Worker’s Priority Date is Current)
  • TN Visa Petitions for Citizens of Canada and Mexico
  • EB-1 Outstanding Professors, Researchers, Extraordinary Ability
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics
  • R Religious Workers

Family and Individual Immigration Law

We work closely with families and individuals to help them attain the immigration status they are seeking. Attorney Finlay Donesky’s personal experience in immigration helps us provide more comprehensive services, including:

  • I-130 and I-485 Petitions (U.S Citizen files I-130 Petition for Alien Relative along with their Spouse’s I-485 Application to Adjust Status)
  • K-1 Petitions for Fiancé(e) of U.S. Citizens (the foreign fiancé(e) applies for K-1 Visa at a U.S. Embassy in home country after the USCIS approves U.S. Citizen’s I-129F Petition)
  • K-3 Petitions for Spouses of U.S. Citizens (the foreign spouse applies for K-3 Visa at a U.S. Embassy in home country after the USCIS approves U.S. Citizen’s I-129F Petition)
  • I-131 Reentry Permits for Legal Permanent Residents who want to remain outside the United States for more than a year
  • N-400 Naturalization Applications to apply for U.S. citizenship
  • I-539 Petitions to Request an Extension or Change of Status


Request Your Free Consultation to Learn More

If you’d like to learn more about the various individual, family and employment immigration matters we can handle, please reach out to us today. You may call us at 612-382-3722 or you may submit our online form. We will be in touch with you shortly to schedule your free phone consultation.

We also offer a more in-depth, in-person consultation should your matter require it. In-person consultations generally last 90 minutes and cost $200. Inquire today to determine whether you would benefit from such a meeting.